Sunday 6 September 2009

Mineral Makeup

Mineral makeup is virtually exploding the beauty market quite recently, especially in Asia. Nowadays more and more drug store brands are coming up with their own version of minerals makeup, from foundation to blusher to eyeshadow, and some, even lipsticks.
So what’s a mineral makeup?

Mineral make-up is claim to be made up with the most natural ingredients, with no any preservatives, chemicals or dye that are found in traditional makeup.
It is claim to be friendlier on sensitive skins and will not clog pores as it is  non- comedogenic, leading to healthy pores and blemish free skin!

Knowing that it has all these magical claims, why not just give it a try?
I would proudly say that I have really good and clear skin until I started working. I applied makeup all days not because my job required so, but as a lady in heart..who doesn’t wants to look pretty? Especially when you’re working in the airline industry being surrounded by many pretty faces around?

I started to realize my cheek area is getting more and more sensitive. It gets blemishes so easily. No matter what I do or apply, blemishes finding their back to me…they are my total nightmare!! I change from drug store brands to many of the luxury brands blusher out there, but they never stop finding me.
Being obsess with makeup, I started realize that there is a hype in the market on mineral makeup, I was so curious that I did a small research on it, knowing it promises all the best, I tell myself, this might be the best solution get rid of all those irritating “red spot thingy” from my face. My first attempt, “Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush”. Why? Oh well, they are the first drug store brand in Malaysia that has a mineral blusher, and to me Revlon is among the most prestige drug store brand in Malaysia , personal preference actually *winks*

My first attempt? They have really “rough” brushes; feel kind of uneasy when I applied it on my face, kind of like scrubbing your face..haha.. but the finishing? Awesome!!! The pigments are great!!! It doesn’t need to take a lot of effort to apply them, just that, I think is better to get your own nice kabuki brush..hehe… I experimental it for few weeks, first week? My blemishes seem to reduce, being so high and happy as this is like the first time ever in history for me seeing my blemishes reduce after changing to a new blusher (and at a reasonable costs), I continue my journey with my first Revlon blusher, about a month later, all the blemishes on my cheek area actually gone. To me it’s like a miracle!!
 
Well, I guess mineral does work for me, I tried few other drug stores brands like Maybeline, and Loreal, they work equally well, Maybeline mineral makeup powder is finer, and it’s foundation Kabuki brushes are really nice and soft, aren’t like the rest, but today am still sticking with my first love - "Revlon" as it suits me really well. And the best part? they are all reasonable and economical !!! such a blessing :)
Hope I give you some insight of my mineral makeup attempts, well I guess no harm trying, and to me drug store brands work equally well and good!  

Thanks for your time LOVE!

No comments: