Sunday 3 January 2010

Tutorial: **Watermelon Nails**

Hi there ladies, as promised, Watermelon Nails ^^

Supposed to upload this yesterday, but I decided to take a break and read some news instead =P

Yup, thanks to Watermelon, I got inspired and came out with this nail design ^_________^ *proud*  haha...

~My Yummy Inspiration~


Alright let’s get started!!

1. As per my normal practice, use a nail polish removal to remove the dirt of oil on your nails. This step will help to ensure the nail color stick on better onto your nails and longer lasting. (I am using Sally Hansen Polish Remover- Fast and Gentle. I love this remover as it is gentle on my nails, I do notice it does not dries up my nails like other nail polish remover do. But the down side is, it is not Acetone Free.)

2. Secondly, apply 2 thin layer of base coat. (I am using Ecrinal. I love this base coat so much. It does really protect my nails from turning yellow.)


3. Next, apply 2 thin layer of pink nail color onto whole of your nail. (I am using O.P.I- Pinking of You. The lightest yet sweetest pink shade I have seen so far, so natural.)

4. Using a dark green nail color act as the watermelon skin, applies it onto the tip of your nail. Since I do not have dark green nail color, I am using acrylic color as a replacement as I do not have any dark green nail polish. Acrylic paint has been used by many professional manicurists to draw wonderful pattern on nails. (I am using Winson & Newton Acrylic color-480 in dark green. You can see where I get them from my previous post >>here<<. To apply onto your nail, use a thin nail brush to apply them on. But if you do not own them, just take any painting brush you have, tiny enough to draw a line on your nail tip.)

5. Using a white nail color, draw a thin white line between the pink and dark green nail color. ( I am using Zhi Yen Nail Art Brush in bottle in white. I got this from the Curve Saturday and Sunday street market. They are really inexpensive, can’t really recall, but it cost either RM5 for 2 or RM10 for 3. If you couldn’t get the same, just use a white nail color and a thin brush to draw the line.)

6. Taking a black nail color, draw tiny dots on the pink area to imitate the watermelon seeds. You can choose to use a tiny brush to dot them or a tooth pick to assist you on this. You do not have to make them look perfect, just tiny enough to look like seeds will do. (I am using Zhi Yen Nail Art Brush in bottle in black)

7. Lastly, brush on two thin layer of good top coat.

~The Yummy Result~

YES, you made it again!!!!


I love them ^^ look so yummy haha..

XOXO Thanks for dropping by again!

2 comments:

Lavender said...

this is so cool. maybe can use a darker red.

JamZ-T said...

Hey Lavendar, yuppies.. dark red should work equally well ^_^ TQ happy chinese new year to u!