Monday 8 February 2010

Tutorial ~*Pink Lacey Nails*~

 
Tadaa.....JamZ-T Pink Lacey Nails

Hi Ladies, I have just came out with a pink lacey nails in conjuction of both Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year celebration, I think they will do just wonderful ^-^
How do you like them?

You can always change the color and pattern based on you preference, this is just what I have experimented with my Konad's stamping plate. I love them!!
 
1. First of  all, I get my nails painted in pink, don't forget to apply a thin layer of base coat before topping your nail color. ( I am using Etude House Petit Darling Nails in PK009, its a pretty Barbie pink color, as for my base coat, I picked OPI Start to Finish Base & Top Coat)
2. Next get your Konad's stamping kit ready with your selected stamping plate, for this look I choose M57 stamping plate. ( You can get this Konad's stamping kit at Etude House if you are in Malaysia, they are relatively inexpensive, ranging from RM10 -RM30 depending on what you getting)

3. Select the color you want to be stamped on your nails. For this look, I chose black. (I am using Elainto Nail Color- Twilight Zone) (Tips: For effective stamping effect please use matte color and avoid shimmery colors)

  
 4. With your stamping plate M57, select a lacey pattern.

5. Brush on some nail color on the selected design.

6. Scrap off the excess nail color with the scraper.

7. Using the stamping tool, stamp on your design as soon as you scrap the excess nail color to avoid the color on the stamping plate dries up. ( I highly advice you to play and practice before starting your project)

8. Using a rolling motion as per the above picture, stamp the pattern on from left to right when you stamping you right finger nails and right to left when your stamping your left finger nails. It is okay if the is excessive color touching your skin. You can easily clean them off with a cotton bud later.
  

9. To get my nail design, I actually stamp two/three lacey pattern on my nails (depending on the size) by row to get the full lacey nail look effect.

10. You can see picture 9 and 10 difference. With one and with two lacey image on. It's ok to have it a little messy for first few attempts, but you will get better once you practice more often.

11. I also spray on Kate Nail Color Dry to expedite the drying process. I think I got this for RM19.90 from Watson ( Not sure whether are they on discount at the time of purchase) I think they are pretty effective in drying up my nails and I love it so much since I do not need to wait for my nails to dry.

Lastly, my advice? 

i. Do practice more with the stamping kit

ii. This is a very messy project, especially if you are attempting to use black, remember to always cover your working area with papers, set a side a tiny cup of nail polish remover, cotton, cotton bud in-case you make any mess.


Hope you enjoy the look!!!!! 

Have a Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrates it and Happy Valentine's Day!!!!! 

Have a loving week ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till then XOXO from JamZ-T



  

3 comments:

Cynthia Z said...

So pretty! Love the pink & black
♥XX♥

JamZ-T said...

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks ^^ yeah I love it too, my eyes now can't stop staring at my nails especially when I typing hehe...

Thanks for dropping by XOXO

Lavender said...

wow, good job but I do agree that stamping is a messy job. seldom do it.